LIKE THIS? LET ME KNOW ON FACEBOOK!

Friday, April 1, 2011

How To Organize A Stress-Free Move

Okay, okay, so I know it's been quite a while since I've posted anything and sorry about that one, but I have been moving. Hence the need for me to share this post with all my awesome readers, friends, clients, and loyal followers! Hope you all like it and let me know if there's anything that could be beneficial to add and I'll be happy to do so!



How to be organized and stress-free during a move is quite a feat; however, it doesn't have to be that way. I have moved around a lot in my 27 years of life and can proudly say that I'm a "Professional" mover at this point. It may not be something to write down on a resume, but I think it is definitely something that helps when time is of the essence in a bind during a move, in a hurry!

So...how can we organize our lives for a stress-free move? That is the $1 MILLION dollar question...


Well, luckily, if you have a little bit of "OCD" on your side like myself, then you may be in good spirits by the end of this post. Who says OCD has to always be a bad thing??? I am all about organization, and yes, sometimes it is definitely overkill, but as long as one stays focused on the task at hand, then even the most difficult times can become more simple...more so than ever thought possible.

Here's My Top Suggestions To Simplify Organizational Demands Offering A More Stress-Free Move...
1. Write down a Plan of Action: Plot out what you need up until the day you move, such as clothes, toiletries, and anything else you know should either be kept with you or MUST wait until the lat moments to even think about packing due to frequent demands or use of those specific items.

2. Prepare and Dedicate Areas For Different Objectives: Dedicate an area for trash versus items you may consider donating versus, perhaps, selling or even items you're not sure what the heck to do with them.

3. Time Is Of the Essence: Next, decipher the rooms (or areas within your home, apt..etc) that are going to potentially be the most time consuming versus simple (I like to do the tough stuff first, but whatever makes you smile and feel less overwhelmed, then go for it!).

4. Organize breakables!: I always keep these items in boxes only with other breakables...this way, when you unpack, you won't be 'surprised' by any odd-ball items flinging out of boxes unexpectedly. I realize this may seem like common sense to some, but I've seen my friends pack (no offense) and I think it'll prove more helpful than not.

5. Pace Yourself: Don't overdue it one day so that you're too overwhelmed and perhaps too sore to do anything the next. Again, visualize or write down your next plan of action and follow through...consistency IS our friend in a move.

6. If you DON'T use it, than LOSE it!: Don't keep tons of stuff that you don't need, then taking them to a new place to just collect dust. Set your own rule if you must, but DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT just keep things to keep them for no apparent reason. For example, my theory for my stuff is if I haven't used something in more than 6 months - 1 year and it carries no sentimental value of any kind to me, then it's history my friends. *NOTE* "Your trash may be another's treasure".


7. Breathe!!!: Let's not forget to take deep, soothing breaths...it will all be over soon. Visualize being in your new place once the madness, so to speak, subsides and you can really have the rest and relaxation you know, love and at this point, definitely deserve!

Good Luck On Your Next Move and There Are More Important Pointers To Come Soon!

Thank You All and Happy Friday!

* Here's Some More Helpful Products To Assist An Organized and Stress-Free Move AND LIFE! *

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


  • Stumble This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Share On Reddit
  • Fave On Technorati
  • Buzz This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Digg This Post
  • Share On Facebook
Blog Gadgets

No comments: